Sorry for more cats so soon, but this is too cute! Kind of like visual comfort food.
Speaking of comfort food, polenta dishes are right up there with the best of them.
Here basil infused polenta gets topped with cheeses, sausage, tomatoes and olives. All gets a heat up under the broiler until it turns into a dish that is total ooey-gooey deliciousness.
Soft Polenta (recipe follows)
2 Tbs chopped basil
1/2 pound cooked sausage slices, Italian or Chorizo (I used Italian)
1/4 cup (20g) green olives, sliced (I used garlic stuffed olives)
50g feta cheese, crumbled
2 bocconcini (mozzarella), chopped
150g cherry tomatoes
1. Make the polenta. Add basil and spoon into an ovenproof skillet.
3. Broil for 8 minutes or until top is golden and cheese is melted. (I have a very hot grill, so I started checking at 2 minutes so that the top would not burn.)
2 cups (500ml) chicken stock
1 1/2 cups (375ml) milk
1 cup (170g) instant polenta
30g butter, chopped
1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan
Sea salt and cracked black pepper
1. Place the stock and milk in a large saucepan over medium heat and bring to the boil.
2. Gradually add the polenta and cook, whisking continually for 2-3 minutes or until thickened.
2. Remove from the heat, add the butter, Parmesan, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
Recipes from Donna Hay Magazine
As comforting as cats and polenta is this lovely tune from Maggie McClure. “Reset” is the opening track from McClure’s forthcoming album, Time Moves On, which is set for release on February 11, 2014, on her own label.
Check out Maggie McClure on her Website, where you learn of some upcoming US tour dates and buy the music (and some pretty cool T-Shirts).