Need to warm up? Try this cozy comfort food menu.
Little meat loaves packed with crunchy carrots and peppers cook in no time at all in the microwave. A spicy slant on mac n’cheese is the yummy side.
5 bacon strips
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup milk
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 cup shredded carrots
1 medium bell pepper, chopped
3/4 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 medium red onion, chopped
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1-1/2 pounds ground beef
1/4 cup ketchup
1. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Drain on paper towels; set aside.
2. Combine the egg, milk, Worcestershire sauce, carrots, bell pepper, crackers, 1/2 cup cheese, onion and seasonings in a large bowl. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
3. Shape meat mixture into five loaves. Arrange around the edge of a microwave-safe deep-dish pie plate; top each with a strip of bacon.
4. Cover and microwave on high for 8-10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°F. Spread ketchup over tops and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes.
Recipe from Simple & Delicious Magazine
Con Queso Pasta
2-1/2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup salsa con queso dip
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
2. Place in a bowl; stir in butter until melted. Stir in con queso dip.
Recipe from TasteOfHome.com
Comfort food goes really well with comfort music like this catchy, solid indie pop tune from Graham Colton.
Check out Graham Colton on his Website, where you can learn of upcoming US gigs in the midwest and east coast and buy the music.