I posted this video before, but a loooong time ago. It’s one of my favorite vids ever. I still laugh every time I watch it.
I saw a picture of this recipe in a magazine and thought it looked so beautiful.
And I made the recipe and it was beautiful. And incredibly good.
I especially loved how the crisp gnocchi contrasted with the creamy gorgonzola and the sweet tomatoes.
Light and full of fresh ingredients, it’s a perfect dinner (or lunch) on a busy day.
100g frozen peas
2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
2 1/2 Tbs olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
12 grape tomatoes, halved
150g gorgonzola, chopped
Mixed herbs, to serve
1. Blanch the vegetables in boiling, salted water for 2 minutes, then drain and refresh.
2. Cook gnocchi in boiling water according to packet instructions, then drain and toss in 2 teaspoons oil.
3. Heat remaining 2 tbs oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat. In batches, add gnocchi and cook, turning, for 3-4 minutes until golden and crisp. Remove from pan and keep warm.
4. Add tomato to the pan and season. Cook for 1-2 minutes until starting to soften, then add vegetables and warm through.
5. Return gnocchi to pan and toss to combine. Add cheese and remove from heat. Serve topped with herbs.
Recipe from Taste.com.au
‘Tidal Wave’ from Chicago-based band The Hush Sound is completely addictive.
Band interests: “Maxin’ and Relaxin’ and we used to like Faxin'”. Cracks me up.
Check out The Hush Sound on the band’s Website, where you can buy their music.