Now for fun pumpkin time of the edible variety.
A cheesy Jack O’ Lantern pizza. Cute and supremely good.
A pumpkin cookie pan makes shaping the pizza really easy to do, but it is just as simple to fashion a pumpkin shape on a flat pizza sheet. Just Google “Jack O’ Lantern Pizza” and you’ll see tons of ideas for free formed Zas.
1. Follow instructions on the pizza crust tube to pre-bake the crust after shaping it into the Jack-O-Lantern pan.
2. Cover pre-baked crust with pizza sauce. (You could also layer on some pepperoni and any vegetables of your choice.)
3. Cover liberally with the cheddar/mozzarella cheese mix, being sure to cover all of the sauce and any toppings.
4. Cut green peppers into thin slivers and one larger piece to make the stem. Lay peppers out to make the indentations of the pumpkin.
5. Cut pepperoni to make the eyes, nose and mouth of the Jack-O-Lantern.
6. Bake according to the instructions on the pizza crust wrapper, about 20 minutes or when cheese is bubbly and the crust is golden.
Serves 4 to 6
Recipe from Wanda’s Halloween Cookbook
Fun pumpkin of the musical variety.
“We drew a smiling face on a rotting gourd.
Set it out last night on the porch.
In a day or two it’ll start to smell.
In a day or two the spell will be broken.
Jack-o-lantern, fleeting comfort.
Jack-o-lantern, our time here is so short.”
This next song is brand new and quite lovely.