Man: I hear that the workers are on strike for shorter hours.
Blonde: Good. I always thought that 60 minutes was too long for an hour.
Woman: I see you are taking French lessons. Why is that?
Blonde: I’ve adopted a French baby and I want to be able to understand him as soon as he talks.
Very Proud Mother: My son has been walking ever since he was 7 months old!
Blonde: Wow, really?!
Blonde: Well, he must be awfully tired!!
These Chocolate Chunk Blondies are Da Bomb (which the Urban Dictionary says is “A really stupid way of saying something’s awesome”.) So, I’m really stupid. No worries, because these blondies are Da Bomb!
Totally packed with chocolate, every bite is a sweet treat to the palate. Rich, chewy and spot on brown sugar blondie flavor, I adored these bars.
I made the blondies for my son’s soccer team, so I did not include the nuts. I cannot wait to try the recipe again with them in it.
1/2 pound unsalted butter, softened
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
1 1/4 pounds semisweet chocolate chunks
1. Preheat the oven to 350℉. Grease and flour an 8 x 12 x 2 inch baking pan.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar on high speed for 3 minutes, until light and fluffy.
3. With mixer on low, add vanilla, then the eggs, one at a time. Mix well.
4. In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.
5. Keep the mixer on low and slowly add flour mixture to the butter mixture.
6. Fold the walnuts and chocolate chunks in with a rubber spatula.
7. Spread the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake for 30 minutes exactly. Do not overbake. A tester may not come out clean when inserted into the baked blondies.
8. Cool completely in the pan and cut into bars.
Makes A LOT. Ina says 12 bars, but with these a little goes a long way.
Recipe from Barefoot Contessa Foolproof by Ina Garten
“Keep You To Myself” is a catchy tune from The Blondies August 2013 release ‘Prince Street’. These guys are Berkeley, CA based and get this…all five of them are between 15 and 17 years old. Holy Boat Loads Of Talent!
Crank up the volume. Because I am stupid (but sometimes awesome), I’m gonna swing around the kitchen playing along with my air guitar and air piano.