I bought this cake ball maker to prepare this Polka Dot Cake. I made way too many cake balls, so I decided to use them to dress up some Cookies ‘n’ Cream Cupcakes. Fun and yummy. Next time I will probably draw faces on them to add some personality. :)
18 1/4 oz box white cake mix
1 1/3 cups water
1/3 cup sour cream
2 cups Oreo cookies (coarsely chopped, about 18 cookies)
Vanilla Buttercream Icing (recipe follows)
24 cake balls (I used my cake ball maker. A really good recipe for homemade is this one for Red Velvet CaKe Balls.)
1. Preheat oven to 350℉.
2. Line 2 (12-cup) muffin pans with cupcake liners.
3. With a mixer, beat cake mix, water, eggs, and sour cream until combined.
4. Beat batter on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in chopped cookies. Divide batter among liners.
5. Bake cupcakes for 17 minutes or until tester inserted into centers comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool on racks.
6. Pipe icing decoratively on cupcakes. Top with a cake ball and another swirl of icing.
Makes 2 dozen
Vanilla Buttercream Icing
3 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 to 2 tablespoons whipping cream
1. In a standing mixer fitted with a whisk, mix together sugar and butter. Mix on low speed until well blended and then increase speed to medium and beat for another 3 minutes.
2. Add vanilla and cream and continue to beat on medium speed for 1 minute more, adding more cream if needed for desired consistency.
Recipe from FoodNetwork.com
That coffee video made me think of this new song by Dead Professional which has a coffee themed video to go along with it.
Total hand clapping fun, I love this song.
Here is the video.
Check out Dead Professional on his Website, where you can buy the music.