Yep. Complete diet buster.
These may be some of the most over the top brownies out there. The batter looked like ready to eat fudge even before baking. Then with all of that caramel swirled in….Wow! Not to mention the sweet crunch of toffee in every bite. Fantastic.
Paula Deen may have her faults, but she damn well knows her way around crazy good recipes.
Chocolate Caramel Toffee Brownies
14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
6 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
6 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1 cup plus 2 Tbs butter, softened and divided
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
3/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups flour
1 teaspoons salt
8 ounces toffee bits or chopped toffee bars such as Skor or Heath
1/2 cup hot caramel ice cream topping
1. Preheat oven to 350℉. Line 13 x 9 pan with foil, Grease.(I use non-stick foil)
2. In medium saucepan combine milk, chocolate, and 2 Tbs butter. Cook over low heat stirring constantly, until melted and smooth.
3. In large bowl, beat sugars and remaining 1 cup butter with electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beat in vanilla.
4. In medium bowl, combine flour and salt. Gradually add to sugar mixture, beating until combined. Stir in chocolate mixture and toffee. Spoon into pan, then spoon caramel over batter, gently swirl with a knife.
5. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely.
Should serve 100, but chocolate fiends will get about 24 brownies.
Recipe from Cooking With Paula Deen Magazine
And, if you want to be over the top…..
Chocolate Caramel Toffee Brownie Sundaes! Oh! The YUM!
Here is some new music from Last Exit, a band out of Glasgow.
Go ahead and dance around to this delicious tune to burn off those brownies.
Check out Last Exit on Facebook and Bandcamp, where you can learn about two upcoming Scottish gigs and buy the band’s music.