Lucky me is headed to Boston tonight, with the whole family, to catch a Red Sox game. After my stressful week, I am looking forward to the exhilaration that Fenway Park always provides. Now if the weather would only cooperate…
If you need a stress buster and Fenway baseball isn’t in your near future (or never will be by choice!), throw together a batch of these ultra-decadent Marbled Caramel Brownies. Moist and gooey bites of chocolatety-pecan goodness, they are a heavenly treat.
100g/4oz dark chocolate
1 cup caramels
5 Tbs double (heavy) cream
350g/12oz/1 1/2 cups caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
200g/7oz/1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
100g/1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
50g/2oz dark chocolate, to decorate
1. Preheat the oven to 180℃/350℉/Gas 4.
2. Grease a 28 x 18cm/11 x 7in shallow baking tin and line the base and sides with baking parchment.
3. Melt 100g chocolate with the butter (I used the microwave).
4. Put caramels and the cream in a pan and melt over a gentle heat, stirring all the time.
5. Stir the sugar into the chocolate mixture. Lightly beat the eggs with the vanilla, then stir into the mixture. Sift in the flour and baking powder, mixing lightly. Stir in the pecans.
6. Pour half the mixture into the prepared tin and drizzle over three quarters of the caramel sauce. Spread over the rest of the brownie mixture.
8. To decorate, reheat the remaining caramel and melt the chocolate in a separate bowl. Quickly drizzle the caramel over the brownie. Repeat with the chocolate. Leave to set. Cut into three lengthways and six across.
Makes 18 brownies
Recipe slightly adapted from BBC Good Food Magazine
Thank you Thursday for coming and bringing this stressful week closer to an end.
Thank you to The Clock for making music that makes me feel strong.
Songs don’t get any better than the ultra beautiful ‘Everything’s Eventual’. I feel this one deep inside. From the opening piano to Calum Stewart’s gorgeous vocals. As the band would say, this is “loud, quiet music.”
“Someone’s taken all my sense,
and led me here into this mess.
Keeping out to keep together,
these souvenirs we keep forever.
Take it with you
When you go
All of these things
That you know ”
Check out The Clock on Facebook, where you can buy this song.