Warm Apple Pie.
This is a very simple version of apple pie that gets an added apple punch from applesauce in the filling. Plus, it is dressed up with a purdy lattice top and a crunchy topping. Super good accompanied by a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.
1 (9 inch) pastry for double-crust pie (homemade, frozen or refrigerated)
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch of salt
3 1/2 cups peeled, chopped cooking apples (golden delicious, Rome or Granny Smith)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 (16 ounce) jar applesauce (I would use a little less next time…maybe 12 ounces)
2 tablespoons butter, chopped into small pieces
Crunch Topping (recipe follows)
1. Preheat oven to 425℉.
2. Line a 9 inch pie pan with half the dough.
3. Toss apples with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice in a medium sized bowl.
4. Combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl. Pour over apples and toss. Stir in applesauce. Spoon this mixture into pie crust and dot with butter.
5. Cut remaining crust into strips, and form a lattice top by interweaving the strips. (If you have any extra strips, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and bake for about 10 minutes until crisp. Use to garnish a side scoop of ice cream if you like.)
6. Sprinkle crunch toppping over top of crust.
7. Bake pie 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350℉ and continue to bake for about 45 minutes or until crust and topping are golden brown.
8. Serve warm. (Doh!)
Note: If crust edge starts to cook quicker then the rest of the pie, cover edge of crust with foil.
3 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon sugar
Pinch of salt
1 tablespoon butter, softened
1. Combine flour, sugar, and salt in bowl. Cut in butter with a fork until mixture is crumbly.
Recipe from Glitz Girlz Glamour Guide
Mobvibe have a new song out. Desire is “fresh off the oven”, says the band. :)
It’s a slice of retro messy goodness.
Check out Mobvibe on the band’s Website, where you can also get their music.
I have to stop reading these at work. I’m at the point where I wish I could just click on something in your post and have the finished product show up on my doorstep for dinner. You could do that, right? Love your stuff, Tricia :)
Thanks Muff! You’ve been so supportive since day one. I wish you were closer, then I would cook even more. Until then, I’ll work on that click to doorstep. :)
Love the vibe of this apple pie (especially with the ice cream on top) and that tune!
I just did the recipe and it was delicious! Kids loved it! Good work Tricia! cinammon did all the work.