Remember this guy?
Well, look what I just found. Screaming Sheep are so freaking funny. (Oddly, the word fuck is in the url.)
I need to see these crazy sheep in real life! Let me know if you have some shrieking sheep and I’ll be right over.
If you make this Cheesy Broccoli Lasagna, I’ll also be right over.
It is so easy to throw together and is a real crowd pleaser. Bonus is that the hands on time is only 15 minutes, so it is great for busy weeknights.
Broccoli And Three Cheese Lasagna
15 ounces (1 3/4 cups) ricotta cheese
1 lb frozen broccoli florets (thawed, patted dry and chopped)
2 1/4 cups (9 oz) grated mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup (2 oz) grated Parmesan cheese
24 oz marinara sauce (from a jar)
1/2 cup heavy cream
8 no-boil lasagna noodles
2 Tbs olive oil
4 cups mixed greens
1 Tbs lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 400℉.
2. In a large bowl, combine ricotta, broccoli, 2 cups of the mozzarella, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan and a grind of black pepper.
3. In small bowl, combine marina sauce and cream.
4. Spoon layer of sauce into bottom of 8 x 8 inch baking pan. Top with 2 noodles, a quarter of the sauce, and a third of the broccoli mixture. Repeat twice. Top with remaining 2 noodles and sauce. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of mozzarella and 1/4 cup of Parmesan.
5. Cover tightly with oiled or non-stick foil and bake until noodles are tender, about 40 minutes. Uncover and bake until the top is golden brown, another 10 minutes.
6. Toss greens with olive oil, lemon juice and some salt and pepper. Serve with the lasagna.
Serves 4 to 6
Recipe slightly adapted from Real Simple Magazine
Sinkane recently released their debut album ‘Mars’.
It is an album that has once again made me think outside my usual music box. I don’t think I like this funky, soul, grooving beat kind of genre, but in fact when done well it can be quite good.
Such is the case here with ‘Mars’.
I am completely taken with Runnin’. Kind of like ‘Shaft’ with vocals. And man, how I love the singer’s voice.
Check out Sinkane on the band’s Website, where you can learn of an upcoming NYC gig in February and link to buy the music.
Cheers and have a fun New Year’s Eve!