Q: On which side does a chicken have the most feathers?
A: On the outside.
I really love Chicken Parmesan…when it is made by someone else.
All those steps and the frying. I rarely have the patience.
Then I saw this recipe.
Chicken baked with a basil, garlic tomato sauce, cheese and….seasoned croutons.
The chicken is cheesy and crunchy on top from the croutons and tender and moist on the bottom from baking in the sauce.
So easy. So good.
Baked Chicken Parmesan
2 Tbs olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or as many as will fit into a 13 x 9 inch pan in one layer)
2 cups marinara sauce
1/4 cup chopped basil
8 oz shredded mozzarella, divided
4 oz grated Parmesan, divided
1 (5-oz) package garlic croutons
1. Preheat oven to 350℉.
2. Pour oil into a 13×9 inch baking pan. Sprinkle with garlic and red pepper flakes. Stir to mix.
3. Place chicken breasts on top of spiced oil and cover with marinara sauce. Sprinkle with basil.
4. Sprinkle 4 oz mozzarella over the casserole. Top that with 2 oz Parmesan.
5. Sprinkle the croutons evenly over and then top with the remaining cheeses.
6. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes (depending on thickness of the chicken) or until chicken is cooked through. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe from Food Wishes
I’m loving this song by Richard Walters.
Soft vocals set over a rhythm that wraps itself sweetly around you. And I adore those “Ooooohs”.
“You could give, give a little more to me
Make things right”
Check out Richard Walters on his Website, where you can also buy the music and learn about upcoming European tour dates.