These Brownies are so good.
You want this recipe.
But, it’s bad for you.
Sometimes you just have to shovel it in your mouth and say “Who cares?”.
Back in June I made these Peanut Butter Swirl Pretzel Brownies.
They were so good.
Then I saw this recipe. Completely different take on the ingredients with a completely delicious outcome.
That pretzel crust invades my dreams at night.
Pretzel Crusted Peanut Butter Candy Brownies
2 1/2 cups crushed butter pretzels
1 cup melted butter
5 Tbs sugar
Peanut butter cookie mix (plus all of the ingredients the mix calls for)
Brownie mix (13×9 family size box plus all of the ingredients the mix calls for)
Snack size Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (approximately two 10.5 oz bags), unwrapped
1. Crush the pretzels, keeping some small pieces to keep the crust crunchy.
2. Mix together the melted butter, sugar, and crushed pretzels.
3. Press lightly into a greased 13×9 inch pan. Set aside.
4. Make the cookie dough according to the package directions. Lightly press the cookie dough evenly on top of the pretzel crust.
5. Cover the cookie dough with the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
6. Make the brownie mix according to the package directions. Pour brownie mix over the peanut butter cups.
7. Bake at 350℉ for 40-45 Minutes.
Recipe from JustAPinch.com
I knew I had to play some Father Sculptor to go along with these crazy good brownies.
Recipe-wise, Philip from the band requested “anything that’s heavy, decadent & ultimately bad for you.”
Well, I think these brownies fit the bill.
They are heavy. Crazy me always likes to weigh these outrageous desserts. The pan of brownies came in at 8 lbs. That’s .57 stone.
Decadent? Oh yes.
Ultimately bad for you? Erm…
Go make yourselves some brownies and blast this fabulous song. I’ve had it on constant rotation since I got it over a week ago.
Over the top wall of sound, all synthy and guitary. And those vocals. Pure mid 80’s heaven.
Check out Father Sculptor on the band’s Website, where you can also get the music.