Pasta Recipe Win.
If you love an eggy, cheesy Carbonara you’ll love this one loaded with sausage and broccoli. You won’t even miss the bacon.
Sausage And Broccoli Carbonara
1 Tbs olive oil
8 chipolatas, meat squeezed out and rolled into balls or crumbled Italian sausage
50g Parmesan, grated, plus extra to serve
300g spaghetti (I also had a handful of Campanelle on hand, which I threw in)
1 head broccoli, broken into small florets
2 garlic cloves, minced
1. In a large pan, heat the oil and cook the sausage until golden, moving around in the pan frequently.
2. Meanwhile, mix together the eggs, cheese and some seasoning.
3. Cook the pasta following package instructions. Add the broccoli for the final 3 minutes, then drain, reserving a cup of the cooking water.
4. Add the garlic to the sausage and cook for a couple minutes more, being careful the garlic doesn’t brown. Remove pan from the heat.
5. Add the pasta and broccoli to the sausage pan. Toss everything together, then add the egg mixture. Stir the sauce through the pasta for 1-2 minutes. The heat from the pan will cook the sauce. If sauce is too thick, use a little of the reserved cooking water to thin it. Divide between pasta bowls and serve with extra Parmesan.
Recipe from BBC Good Food Magazine
I think we have Time for a little Merchandise. This is a brilliant little tune. Guitar and bass line throw me back to some long ago songs.
So far, one of the only notable bands I can recall coming out of Tampa, Florida (where I lived for 8 years….8 REALLY Loooooong years).
Check out Merchandise on the band’s Website. Make a donation, learn upcoming US tour dates and get the music.
Delicious!!! Made this for dinner tonight. Addie had fun browsing your blog and pulled out a bunch of dinners for me to make. Can’t wait!
Pingback: Spaghetti Alla Carbonara. Beautiful New Music From Ajimal. | I Sing In The Kitchen