Go Charley, GO!!
Completely ridiculous, but then you know me by now.
And you know that I would not lie to you about how amazing a recipe is.
This recipe is amazing.
Buttery oatmeal crumbs sandwiching a chocolate, caramel and nut filling.
Divine. Makes a lot, too.
Oatmeal Caramel Chocolate Bars
Ingredients for the crust:
2 cups flour
2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats (I used regular and it was fine)
1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups butter, softened
Ingredients for the filling:
1 (12.5-oz.) jar (1 cup) caramel ice cream topping
3 tablespoons flour
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13×9-inch pan.
2. In large bowl, combine all crust ingredients; mix at low speed until crumbly. (I did this in the food processor). Reserve half of crumb mixture (about 3 cups) for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture in bottom of greased pan.
3. Bake at 350°F. for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine caramel topping and 3 tablespoons flour; blend well.
5. Remove partially baked crust from oven; sprinkle with chocolate chips and nuts. Drizzle evenly with caramel mixture; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
6. Return to oven; bake an additional 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled. Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours or until filling is set. Cut into bars.
Makes about 36 bars
Recipe from Pillsbury.com
Who knew Denton, Texas was such a hot place for musical talent? Yesterday’s Fishboy are from Denton and so is Fergus & Geronimo, although I think they moved to Brooklyn.
Here is a rocking new song song from Fergus & Geronimo’s soon to be released second album, ‘Funky Was The State Of Affairs’.
It’s a short blast of lo-fi garagey goodness.
Fergus & Geronimo-Roman Tick
This catchy song is from the band’s debut album.