Now for today’s WTF moment.
I visited Japan about 2 years ago and I can attest to the fact that the toilets can do just about anything, except perhaps make some Decadent Chocolate Chip Cookies. Nooooo. We wouldn’t want them to.
But, you want to make some seriously amazing chocolate chip cookies.
And this recipe will fit that bill.
I think this may be my second favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe of all time. Numero Uno is still the chippers With Fèves And Sea Salt over in this post.
You have to plan ahead since the dough needs to chill, but I love that the cookies are slice and bake. Insanely easy.
Don’t skip toasting the nuts. It makes all the difference.
Decadent Chocolate Chip Cookies
8 ounces unsalted butter, softened
1 cup packed (215g) light brown sugar
¾ cup (150g) granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 ½ cups (350g) flour
¾ tsp baking soda
⅛ tsp salt
14 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped into ½ – 1-inch chunks (Or chop chocolate disks like these.)
1 cup toasted nuts, coarsely chopped (I used pecans)
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla just until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until thoroughly incorporated.
3. Stir the flour mixture into the beaten butter until combined, then mix in the chopped chocolate.
4. On a lightly floured work surface, divide the dough into quarters. Shape each quarter into a log about 9 inches long. Wrap the logs in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, preferable for 24 hours.
5. Once chilled, preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
6. Slice the logs into disks ¾ inch thick and place the disks 3 inches apart on the baking sheets. Bake the cookies until lightly browned in the center, about ten minutes, rotating the baking sheet midway during baking.
7. Remove from oven and let cookies cool. Transfer cookies to a wire rack with a spatula.
Storage: The cookies can be stored at room temperature for up to five days in an airtight container.
Yield: 40-48 cookies
Recipe from David Lebovitz via Slow Like Honey
Act On Impulse.
I want to wear this song like a cape. Throw it on and fly away. Supa Hero Style.
We Were Promised Jetpacks-Act On Impulse
Check out We Were Promised Jetpacks on their Website where you can learn about upcoming shows and buy the music.