They look pretty sweet, but how do they sound?
I do know how these Fudgy Chocolate Chip Toffee Bars sound.
They sound Freakin’ Amazing.
They ARE amazing.
A toffee studded graham crust topped with a thick, gooey chocolate layer. All that under a chocolate chip cookie graham toffee top.
Amazing on their own, but taken to Mount Everest heights of goodness when thrown into a sundae with your favorite ice cream and drizzled with some caramel and/or chocolate sauces.
I guarantee the entire 13 x 9 pan will be gone in 2 days…and that is if you eat it all by yourself. Gone in a minute if you share.
Fudgy Chocolate Chip Toffee Bars
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 cups graham cracker crumbs (32 squares)
1 (8 oz) bag toffee bits
1 roll refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
2 cups chocolate chips
1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 Tbs butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Grease 13×9 inch baking dish and heat oven to 350℉.
2. Soften cookie dough for 10 minutes on counter.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the melted butter, 1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs and 3/4 cup of toffee bits. Pour mixture into the greased pan and press evenly until mixture covers bottom of pan. Refrigerate for around 15 minutes.
4. In a 2 qt saucepan, heat the milk, chocolate chips and the tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Stir frequently until the chips are melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Spread the mixture over the graham cracker crumb mixture.
5. In another medium mixing bowl, break up the cookie dough and stir in the remaining 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs until blended. Crumble the mixture evenly over the chocolate layer and the sprinkle the remaining 3/4 cup toffee bits on top.
6. Bake for about 25-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely before cutting, about 2 or more hours.
Recipe from Family Bites
How about a whole plate to share?
Chocolate Sundae Sauce only adds to the party.
Such a winning dessert deserves to be crowned with some rocking good music.
The King Hats will do just perfectly.
I love this song. Fast, furious music and yet the vocals somehow come across softly. Until the very end, that is.
Press play, play loud, play again.
Burning Bridges is a previously unreleased track that you can pick up as a free download here.
Check out The King Hats on the band’s Website. You can buy their debut EP on Bandcamp.