Did you ever see this photo?
Wait! Don’t go.
You want to get that image out of your head and make these really wonderful Buffalo Chicken Sloppy Joes.
If you love Buffalo wings you’ll really like these super simple sandwiches which have all of those Buffalo flavors.
Even though the beans are titled ‘Autumn’ they are a perfect side dish for the Sloppy Joes or any summer BBQ dish.
Buffalo Sloppy Joes
2 pounds ground chicken or turkey
2 celery ribs, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium carrot, grated
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar (I only used about a teaspoon)
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon pepper
8 hamburger buns, split
1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
1. Cook the first five ingredients in a Dutch oven over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink. Stir in the tomato sauce, chicken broth, hot sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and pepper; heat through.
2. Serve on buns; sprinkle with cheese.
Yield: 8 servings
1 lb bacon, chopped
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cups apple cider
4 cans (16 oz) baked beans
1/2 cup raisins (I left these out)
1. Cook bacon strips until crisp. Drain and reserve 1/4 cup drippings.
2. Saute chopped onions in the drippings until tender.
3. Stir in apple cider and undrained beans. Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
Recipes from Taste Of Home Magazine
Being that we have chicken on the menu, it would be most fun to listen some Music Appreciation done à la Mrs. Grossman.
In case you have never heard of Mrs. Grossman, it is a comedy collection album in which:
“Each segment has a few constants: The characters are all chickens; an instructor, Mrs. Grossman (voiced by a man) is teaching a subject to a class; a cat (the chickens’ mortal enemy) will be killed as part of the lesson; Monty, a student, will point out that Mrs. Grossman is doing something dangerous; the bit will end with an enormous explosion…”
I laugh EVERY time I listen to this.
Mrs. Grossman (& Monty)-Music Appreciation
Check out more Mrs. Grossman segments here. They are all very funny in a weird, twisted way. Just my kind of humor.