I know that you all have probably seen this video around the internet, but I only just saw it yesterday.
Totally cracks me up.
Totally silly, right?
These Totally Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies are Totally not silly.
The recipe only makes 12 cookies. Do the math and you will see that there is a lot of chocolate in each delectable cookie.
I love the crisp texture and the wall of chocolate in each bite.
Totally Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 2/3 cups (16 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
½ cup packed light brown sugar
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Position a rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Put 2/3 cup (4 ounces) of the chocolate chips in a heatproof container and melt in microwave or double boiler. Stir the chocolate chips until melted and smooth. Set aside.
3. Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt into a medium bowl and set aside.
4. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until smoothly blended, about 1 minute. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed during mixing. On low speed, mix in the melted chocolate chips until blended. Add the egg and vanilla, mixing until blended. Add the flour mixture, mixing just until it is incorporated. Mix in the remaining 2 cups chocolate chips.
5. Using an ice cream scoop or measuring cup with a ¼-cup capacity, scoop mounds of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing the cookies 3 inches apart.
6. Bake the cookies one sheet at a time until they crack slightly on top and a toothpick inserted in the center of a cookie Comes out with moist crumbs, not wet batter, about 18 minutes.
7. Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, then use a wide metal spatula to transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely. The outsides of the cookies will become crisp as the cookies cool.
8. The cookies can be stored in a tightly covered container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Makes 12 totally outrageous cookies
Recipe from Big Fat Cookies by Elinor Klivans
When I was typing up this post and linking to the page for the recipe there was an advertisement for The Shins upcoming album.
It is very unusual for me to find something about cool music, or any music for that matter, on any of the recipe sites that I go to.
I took it as a sign. A good sign. Because I love The Shins.
The Shins are a Totally fabulous band. The Portland, Oregon group have this new song out ahead of their album to be released in March.
Simple Song is simply wonderful.
Check out The Shins on their Website and Facebook. You can buy the band’s music on the Website and also listen to Simple Song on the virtual reel to reel they have set up. Cool.