These Candy Corn Cakes just might be sweeter than candy corn.
Candy Corn Cakes
1 loaf cake (a pound cake works well)
Buttercream icing (there is a great recipe here)
Black, orange and yellow food coloring
Candy eyes (1/2 inch size)
1. Place a baked loaf cake on its side and cut in half lengthwise. A serrated knife works best.
2. Cut triangles out of the cake halves.
3. Use piping bags with #21 star tips to pipe uncolored icing, then orange, then yellow lines to create a candy corn look on each triangle of cake.
4. Add candy eyes and a thinly piped black (#5 tip) icing smile.
5. Cut licorice into pieces for the arms and legs. Insert into cakes.
Makes about 6 Candy Corn Cakes
Here is a short song that is pretty sweet.
La Chansons-Sex And Candy
A sweet song made even sweeter since it is from the album ‘Psychocandy’.
The Jesus And Mary Chain-Just Like Honey
You can check out La Chansons and buy the band’s music on their Website.
Buy The Jesus And Mary Chain’s music here. (More Scottish love).