Songs Named After People.
That was the theme of the last Contrast Podcast. You can listen to this extremely fun episode here.
Janey Black…Oh Yes.
I don’t know anyone named Toasted Ravioli, but I love the dish nonetheless.
Toasted Ravioli In Tomato Cream Sauce
3 Tbs butter
2 (9 ounce) pkg fresh cheese ravioli
1 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 cup chicken broth
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup basil
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Melt 1 Tbs butter in large skillet. Add half of ravioli and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to plate. Repeat with additional 1 Tbs butter and remaining ravioli.
2. Add onion and remaining butter to pan and cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add tomatoes, chicken broth, and cream, and cook until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
3. Add ravioli back to pan and cook in sauce until pasta is tender, about 7 minutes.
4. Add basil and season with salt and pepper.
5. Transfer sauce and ravioli to broiler safe pan. Sprinkle cheese evenly on top. Transfer to oven and broil until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 3 minutes.
My pick for the Contrast Podcast theme of Songs Named After People was Janey Black. Perfect pop. Makes me smile every time I listen to it.
Check out Velour and buy their music on the band’s Website.