These cookies are just as cute at a BBQ as they are as an April Fool’s treat.
Hot Dog Cookies
1 cup butter
1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 cups flour
1 tsp vanilla
Red and green food coloring
3 Tbs flaked coconut
Yellow decorator’s frosting
1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
2. Beat in flour and vanilla.
3. Remove one cup dough; add red food coloring and knead until well combined.
4. Cover and refrigerate remaining dough for 1 hour.
5. For hot dogs, divide red dough into 16 portions. Shape into 2-1/2 inch logs and round the ends. Set aside.
6. Divide plain dough into 16 portions. Shape into 3 inch logs; make a very deep lengthwise groove in each. Smooth edges to form buns. Place 3 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place hot dogs in buns.
7. Bake at 350℉ for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool.
8. Meanwhile, for pickle relish, combine coconut and green food coloring in a resealable plastic bag. Shake well. Sprinkle around hotdogs.
9. For mustard, pipe a stripe of yellow frosting down the center of each.
Makes 16 cookies
Recipe from Quick Cooking Magazine
The music today is all going to the dogs.
The Duke Spirit-Dog Roses
Flight Of The Conchords-Song For Epileptic Dogs
Those are creative. Deelicious all except the coconut part! (blegh…)