I’m not going to go on and on about how much I loved this recipe (Oh, how I loved this recipe). You are just going to have to make it for yourself.
Look what it has inside. Phat!
Buffalo Chicken Macaroni And Cheese
7 Tbs butter
1 lb elbow macaroni
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 stalks celery, finely chopped
3 cups shredded or chopped cooked chicken
2 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cup Frank’s Hot Sauce
2 Tbs flour
2 tsp dry mustard
2 2/1 cups half and half
1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, cubed (I used half white and half yellow)
8 oz pepper jack cheese, cubed
2/3 cup sour cream
1 cup panko
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
2 Tbs chopped parsley
1. Preheat oven to 350℉. Butter a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
2. Cook pasta in boiling water for 7 minutes. Drain.
3. Melt 3 Tbs butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and celery and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chicken and garlic and cook 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup hot sauce and simmer until slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
4. Melt 2 Tbs butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the flour and mustard and whisk until smooth. Whisk in the half and half and the remaining 1/4 cup of hot sauce. Stir until thick, about 2 minutes. Add cheddar and pepper jack cheeses, then sour cream and whisk until smooth.
5. Spread half of the macaroni into the prepared baking dish. Top with half of the chicken mixture and the remaining macaroni. Pour the cheese sauce evenly on top.
6. Put the remaining 2 Tbs butter into a microwave safe bowl and microwave until melted. Stir in the panko, blue cheese and parsley. Sprinkle over the macaroni and bake until bubbly, 30 to 40 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Adapted from Food Network Magazine
If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
Broken Records-If Eilert Lovberg Wrote A Song, It Would Sound Like This
Broken Social Scene-World Sick
Cheers! Happy Friday.
I call that cheese insanity
Oh. My. God. That looks. AHmazing.
Can not WAIT to try this! Seriously – 3/4 cups of Frank’s? Hot hot hot!! The blue cheese panko topping is outrageous. Love it, love it, love it – will try it soon!
Pingback: S’mores Cookies | I Sing In The Kitchen
Pingback: Buffalo Chicken Mac Casserole. Jazzadezz Put Me In The Best Mood Today. | I Sing In The Kitchen