Remember this? The Bandito mascot was short lived due to political incorrectness. Still, it makes me smile and everyone used to hum this ditty when I was young.
Ever on the lookout for different chocolate chippers, I came across this recipe on (where else?) Pinterest.
Before I set to making the cookies, I just assumed it would be a standard chocolate chip cookie dough with Fritos mixed in.
Interestingly, these chocolate chip cookies use only white sugar and only egg yolks. The characteristic hint of molasses is missing without the brown sugar but not the moistness, since the yolks more than amply provide that.
As a fan of salty-sweet concoctions, I really love these cookies. The corn flavor is unexpected, but especially good in combination with the chocolate.
8 oz unsalted butter, softened
1 3/4 cups sugar
4 large egg yolks
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 ⅓ cups chocolate chips
1 ½ cups Fritos corn chips, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg yolks and beat until combined.
3. Sprinkle the flour and baking powder over creamed butter mixture and beat briefly just to combine.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips and Fritos.
5. Scoop dough into small balls and space evenly on prepared cookie sheets.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges of the cookies begin to brown.
Makes 4 dozen cookies
Recipe from Dessert For Two (quantities quadrupled)
I thought it would be fun to find some politically incorrect new music.
Sure, there are the old staples….almost every Rolling Stones tune, Randy Newman had one, ‘Fat Bottomed Girls’ from Queen, The Cure did ‘Killing An Arab’…you get the idea.
But searching around for anything recent came up with nothing good.
Well, click upon click and listen upon listen found the clock here ticking and I needed to get off the computer and into my day job. Somehow I happened upon Boston-based Pity Sex and their song ‘Wind-Up’. Google works in mysterious ways.
So here you go, a little nugget of shoegazey gooness.
Check out Pity Sex on Bandcamp, where you can buy their music.