One of my December staples to have on hand is a big batch of White Trash, the less than PC named candy confection.
Mix up a a few cups of cereal, your favorite nuts, some pretzels and M&M’s then cloak it all in a rich coating of white chocolate. In less than 5 minutes you have a whole bunch of delicious trash. It is perfect to package up in decorative bags as gifts or to serve at a party.
3 1/2 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
3 cups Rice Chex cereal
3 cups Corn Chex cereal
16 ounces M&M’s plain chocolate candy
2 1/2 cups salted mixed nuts
2 cups small pretzels
2 (11 ounce) packages white chocolate chips (Ghirardelli brand is especially good)
1. Pour the cereals, M&Ms, nuts & pretzels into a large bowl.
2. Melt the white chocolate in the microwave or in a double boiler. Melt very slowly, stirring occasionally, to avoid burning the chocolate.
3. Pour melted chocolate over the rest of the ingredients and stir until well-coated.
4. Spread the coated mixture out on parchment paper. Allow to cool until it sets up, then break into pieces.
5. Store in zip-top bags or air-tight containers. The White Trash will keep for weeks, but it won’t last that long.
Makes enough to almost fill a 2 gallon resealable freezer bag
Recipe from Alton Brown
Here’s a sad little short song.
“He needed reasons to keep living
She needed someone she could love
He needed something to believe in
She lived on the floor above
He listened to the Sunday Service
Pumping down through the plasterboard
She came to know his taste in music
And recognised the way he snored
All of a sudden nothing happened
Out of the blue they didn’t meet
He never came to borrow coffee
She never dropped her shopping round his feet
Theirs could have been the perfect love song
What a shame they never met
He got run over by a milk float
She went to live in Somerset “
And a sweet song.
“And if you want, we can go out tonight and be alone.
And if you want, we can stay in tonight, be at home,
let the whole wide world just worry about it’s own.
It’s you and me.”
Check out MJ Hibbett & The Validators on the band’s Website, where you can learn of upcoming gigs in England and buy their music.
Learn more about Quiet Company on their Website, which has information about some upcoming shows in Texas. You can buy the music there, too.