Olive Oil Banana Bread.
Lemony Olive Oil Banana Bread.
Sounds really good.
And it is. Super moist with a sweet and tangy glaze that hardens a bit as it sets.
Lemony Olive Oil Banana Bread
Ingredients for the bread:
1 cup / 4.5 oz / 125g all-purpose flour
1 cup / 4.5 oz / 125g whole wheat flour
3/4 cup / 4.5 oz / 125g dark muscovado or dark brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
80 ml extra-virgin olive oil
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup/60ml plain yogurt
Grated zest of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Ingredients for the glaze:
1/2 cup / 3 oz / 85g sifted dark muscovado or dark brown sugar
1/2 cup / 2 oz / 55g confectioners’ sugar
4 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F, and place a rack in the center.
2. Grease a 9- by 5- inch (23 x 13 cm) loaf pan, or equivalent.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the olive oil, mashed banana, eggs, yogurt, zest, and vanilla. Pour the banana mixture into the flour mixture and fold with a spatula until just combined. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake until golden brown, about 50 minutes.
5. Transfer the pan to a wire rack to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn the loaf out of the pan to cool completely.
6. While the cake is cooling, prepare the glaze. In a bowl, whisk together the sugars and the lemon juice until smooth. When the cake is completely cool, drizzle the glaze on top of the cake, spreading with a spatula to cover.
Recipe from Jamie Magazine
Here is the new song from The Fresh & Onlys. This little tune has knocked me right over.
Oh how I adore this song from the 2011 ‘Secret Walls’ EP It’s like a trip to the beach.
Check out The Fresh & Onlys on their Website where you can also buy the music. The new Fresh & Onlys album, ‘Long Slow Dance’ will be released in September 2012.