Hooooooo doesn’t love a good brownie? Especially brownies that have a blondie layer and lots of M & M’s? Owl bet these fun, cheerful brownies will make all your brownie lovers smile.
Double Decker Confetti Brownies
3⁄4 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1⁄2 cups flour, divided
2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 cup M & M’s semi-sweet chocolate baking bits, divided (I couldn’t find the bits so used regular size)
1. Preheat oven to 350℉. Grease a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan and set aside.
2. Cream together 3/4 cup butter and both sugars in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
3. In a medium bowl, combine 2 1/4 cups flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the creamed mixture and stir to blend. Divide batter in half.
4. Mix together the cocoa powder and melted butter then stir into one half of the dough. Spread this cocoa dough evenly into the prepared pan (It may not spread to all corners and that is ok).
5. Stir remaining 1/4 flour and 1/2 cup M & M’s into remaining dough then spread evenly over the cocoa dough in the pan.
6. Sprinkle top with remaining M & M’s.
7. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until edges start to pull away from sides of the pan. Cool completely then
cut into bars.
Recipe from Food.com
‘Owl and The Crow’, from Kramies’ self-titled release, was written while he was traveling through Ireland. It’s folk with a kick that leaves me a little breathless with each listen.
“Maybe through all the years
we got crazy”
Check out Kramies on his Website where you can link to buy the music.