If there was ever a time I needed to smile, it’s right now.
I pushed my world and our world out of my mind and made a delicious Key Lime Pie. And not just the usual Key Lime Pie….A Mile High Key Lime Pie.
The Mile High moniker comes from the voluminous crown of creamy whipped topping blended with lime juice and a hint of sweetened condensed milk. I was skeptical of that combo, but it is absolutely divine. Unlike standard whipped cream, that high hat lasts for days in the fridge without weeping.
Not weeping is definitely something to aspire to these days. Make some pie.
Mile High Key Lime Pie
6 tablespoons butter, melted
2 cups finely crushed Vanilla Wafers
2 3/4 cups sweetened condensed milk (divided)
3 egg yolks
1 cup Key lime juice (divided)
16 oz tub Cool Whip (softened in fridge)
1. Preheat oven to 350℉.
2. Mix together crushed vanilla wafers and melted butter. Stir until well combined then press into a greased 9-inch pie pan.
3. Beat together egg yolks, 1 3/4 cups of sweetened condensed milk and 1/2 cup of the Key lime juice.
Pour into crust.
4. Bake pie for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely.
5. Beat together Cool Whip, 1 cup sweetened condensed milk, and remaining 1/2 cup of Key lime juice until smooth. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
6. Top cooled pie with whipped topping and chill for several hours before cutting and serving.
Recipe from Easy Baked
All the happy pies on earth cannot erase the pain of what we are watching unfold in Ukraine. I heard this song today and promptly burst into tears.
“If you tolerate this
then your children will be next”