This year…definitely NO NO.
This recipe…Yes, please!
A buttery zucchini sauce with the fresh bite of parsley couldn’t be easier to whip up for a quick and delicious pasta dinner.
Rigatoni With Zucchini Sauce
8 Tbs butter
2 pounds zucchini, chopped
3 cups chopped onions
1 tsp salt
1 cup loosely packed flat leaf parsley leaves
1 pound bowtie or rigatoni pasta
1/2 cup shredded zucchini
Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
Black pepper, to serve
1. Melt butter in a large skillet. Add chopped zucchini, onions and salt. Cook over medium hear until the vegetables are very soft but not browned, about 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside to cool for 20 minutes.
2. Purée the zucchini mixture in batches along with the parsley leaves. Return the sauce to a clean skillet and place over very low heat.
3. Cook the rigatoni according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
4. Toss the pasta in the zucchini sauce, adding some of the cooking water if the sauce is too thick.
5. Top pasta with a sprinkling of Parmesan, black pepper and the shredded zucchini. Drizzle with olive oil and serve.
Serves 4 to 6
Here’s some Yes Yes to drown out the No No.
New Zealand’s Yumi Zouma makes some of the best indie-pop out there. ‘Lonely After’ is gonna get yer shoegaze on.
“I’m dead in the water beneath
and you’re a sight to be seen
and I’m falling undone
It’s getting harder to sleep”
Check out Yumi Zouma on the band’s Website where you can buy their music.
Note: This post was edited on 10/16/20. I had originally titled it “Rigatoni With Zucchini Sauce” which was directly from the cookbook, but I used farfalle. Whoops.