I love these goofy turnovers. They are fun and super easy.
Just fill prepared biscuits with mustard-onion flavored ground beef mixed with cheese. Cut out some faces from more biscuits and press over the filling to seal. Bake then smile.
Jack O’Lantern Turnovers
1/2 pound ground beef
1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
4 ounces cubed mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup prepared mustard
2 tubes (16.3 ounces each) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1. Line two 15 x 10-inch pans with parchment paper.
2. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain the grease then add cheese and mustard. Cook, stirring, until cheese is melted. Cool slightly.
3. Flatten each biscuit into a 4-inch circle. Place four biscuits in each of the prepared baking pans. Spoon 2 heaping tablespoons of meat mixture onto each biscuit.
4. Using a sharp knife cut out Jack O’Lantern faces from remaining biscuit circles. Place each over meat mixture and pinch edges to seal tightly. Reroll scraps if desired and cut out stems for pumpkins.
5. Brush with egg. Bake at 350°F for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 8 turnovers
Recipe from Taste Of Home
This is brilliantly camp. And, as someone commented “Apparently he’s the phantom…”
Isaac Rother & The Phantoms have a new song, ‘Witches Brew’, coming out this Friday (October 30). Have a listen here.
Check out Isaac Rother & The Phantoms on the band’s Website where you can buy their music.