Even though these cookies are baked in a Madeleine pan, they could not be more different than those treats. These Chocolate Dipped Bear Paws are dense with a strong almond flavor and hint of spice. The bittersweet chocolate is such a nice touch.
Chocolate Dipped Bear Paws
8 oz unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
4 ounces toasted almonds, finely ground
6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped and melted
1. In a medium bowl, beat butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add flour, spices, salt, and almonds and beat on low speed until dough starts to come together, about 1 minute. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
2. Preheat oven to 350℉. Grease 2 Madeleine pans.
3. Press 2 tablespoons of dough into each mold (dough should be level with top of mold).
4. Bake until edges are brown, about 20 minutes. Cool 10 minutes in pans on a wire rack then turn pans upside down over rack and tap to release cookies from mold. Let cool completely on rack.
5. Dip each cookie on the diagonal into chocolate, then place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate until chocolate is set, about 30 minutes.
Makes 2 dozen
Recipe from Martha Stewart
‘Constants’, the 5th album from Jerome Alexander aka Message To Bears, is a lovely collection of soothing songs. Listening to “Small Light” feels like a mini meditation session.
Check out Message To Bears on Bandcamp where you can buy the music.