There’s a bunch of things that don’t seem right with these recipes.
A can of soup in the soup’s ingredients. Velveeta. Cheese sticks to dip into cheesy soup.
For whatever reason, it all works.
The Wild Rice Soup certainly is cheesy with a terrific contrast in texture from the creamy base and the rice. The bacon garnish gives it extra credit.
And those Grilled Cheese Sticks?
Total yum. Pumpernickel bread lends the perfect hint of rye to the mango chutney/cheddar cheese filling.
I will dip cheese into cheese any day.
Cheesy Wild Rice Soup
1 package (6.2 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
4 cups 2% milk
1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
1. In a large saucepan, prepare rice mix according to package directions.
2. Add the milk, soup and cheese. Cook and stir until cheese is melted.
3. Garnish with bacon and serve with the grilled cheese sticks for dunking.
Recipe from Quick Cooking Magazine
Grilled Cheese Sticks
Butter, softened, for lightly spreading on bread
8 slices pumpernickel bread
1/2 cup mango chutney
16 slices sharp cheddar
1. Place a griddle pan or large skillet over medium heat.
2. Lightly butter one side of each slice of bread. Spread the unbuttered side of 4 bread slices with the mango chutney. Make sandwiches with the bread, buttered sides out, filled with the chutney and 4 slices of cheese each.
3. Cook sandwiches until the bread is crispy and golden and the cheese melts, about 2 minutes per side. Cut each sandwich into 1-inch wide sticks.
Serves 4 to 8
Recipe from Rachael Ray
It’s a tough world out there.
‘Headlights’, new from Brighton-based Gaffa Tape Sandy, reminds us “to check up on your loved ones in this busy stupid world”.
Did I mention that they get their message across in full out catchiness?
Oh yes. There are ♬ La Da Da Da Das…♬
“I think you’re a little bit sadder
than you let on”
Check out Gaffa Tape Sandy on the band’s Website where you can learn of upcoming shows in the UK and Germany and buy their music.