When you want an intensely chocolate dessert but don’t have a lot of time, Chocolate Truffle Pie is here to the rescue. It takes only 5 minutes to make the batter and 35 minutes to bake.
The recipe suggests serving with some whipped topping, which is terrific, but I found that some chocolate chip ice cream on the side added a delicious bit of texture. I also served with caramel sauce for the presentation and, well, caramel is awesome with chocolate.
Chocolate Truffle Pie
10 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1 cup thawed Cool Whip Whipped Topping
Whipped topping and confectioners’ sugar or Ice cream and caramel sauce, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Microwave chocolate and cream in large bowl on medium setting for 3 minutes or until chocolate is almost melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is smooth. Cool slightly.
3. Add eggs, sugar and flour then whisk until well blended.
4. Pour batter into a greased 9-inch pie plate.
5. Bake 35 minutes or until outer half of pie is puffed and the middle is slightly soft. Cool before serving.
6. Serve topped with a dusting of confectioners’ sugar and whipped topping or ice cream and caramel sauce.
Recipe from Kraft
I tried a little confectioner’s sugar stencil action.
Here’s a short song from a band with a hot name.
And a sweet song that’s a true banger.
Check out Smoking Popes on the band’s Website where you can learn of two upcoming shows in the American midwest and link to buy their music.