These Chocolate Sprinkle Crinkle Cookies are definitely cookies for chocolate lovers. The chocolate cookies are studded with chocolate chips and covered in chocolate jimmies. Soft, fudgy and chewy on the inside and crisp on the outside, they, will make all cookie lovers happy. And there’s Kahlúa in them, too!
Chocolate Sprinkle Crinkle Cookies
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon Kahlúa (or vanilla extract)
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chocolate jimmies
1. In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the cocoa powder, sugar, and vegetable oil. (The mixture will be grainy.) Add the eggs one at a time, stirring until smooth and glossy. Stir in the Kahlúa.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the batter and stir to combine. (The mixture will be thick.) Stir in the chocolate chips. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
4. Just before baking, place a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat oven to 350℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
5. Place sprinkles in a shallow bowl.
6. Scoop balls of the cookie dough using a 1-1/2 tablespoon scoop (#40 like this one). Roll the dough balls in the chocolate sprinkles.
7. Place cookie balls about 1 1/2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Lightly flatten the tops of the dough balls.
8. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes or until the cookies spread and look set. (They will be soft when just out of the oven.) Cool on the cookie sheet for 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies
Recipe from Joy The Baker
This is 3:50 minutes of insanity.
Head banging, death metal at its most intense. That voice, yo.
The lyrics crack me up. Not entirely sure if this is totally serious.
Check out Supreme Carnage on the band’s Website where you can buy their music and learn of upcoming shows in Germany and Slovenia. These guys must be something in concert!