If you’re looking for something to serve today for Cinco de Mayo, these Chili Bean Tortillas are easy and muy bien. Serving with a squeeze of lemon juice instead of lime is a refreshing change.
Chili Bean Tortillas
1 lb ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
400g can diced tomatoes
200g can red kidney beans
8 flour tortillas
Shredded lettuce, grated cheddar, sour cream and lemon wedges to serve
1. Cook the beef and onion in a skillet for about 10 minutes until the beef is browned.
2. Add the chili and cumin and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
3. Add tomatoes and beans and bring to a simmer.
4. Decrease heat, cover, and cook fir 30 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Warm tortillas the microwave on high for 45 seconds (or wrap in foil and bake in a 350℉ preheated oven for 5 minutes).
6. Spoon some beef mixture onto each tortilla and top with some lettuce, cheese and sour cream. Squeeze on some lemon juice, roll up and serve.
Recipe from BBC Good Food Magazine
This song’s a banger.
“Cassie, Come On Over” is new from the band Goodnight, Texas. Even though the musicians are not from Texas they named themselves after Goodnight—a real town in Texas. I bet they would be down for some Cinco de Mayo celebrating, Tex-Mex style.
Check out Goodnight, Texas on the band’s Website where you can learn of upcoming Pacific West tour dates and buy their music.
Yummm this looks absolutely delicious! thanks for sharing! :)
Thank you! x
Oh those pictures are making my mouth water! :) I can’t wait to try this recipe with my family. Thanks for posting! Great job!