Have you ever had a “slutty brownie”? They are basically layers of cookie dough, brownies and Oreos. (You can see a version here.) The trio of goodness get even cooler when joined together in this decadent Chocolate Chip Cookie Oreo Brownie Ice Cream Cake. The homemade ice cream does not require a machine instead using sweetened condensed milk folded into whipped cream.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Oreo Brownie Ice Cream Cake
Brownie Base (recipe follows)
2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
Confectioners’ sugar, to taste
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
20 Oreo cookies, crushed, divided, plus additional for garnish
1/2 cup chocolate sauce
10 crunchy chocolate chip cookies, crushed, plus additional for garnish (I used Chips Ahoy brand)
1. Whip cream until stiff peaks form. Spoon 1 cup of the whipped cream into a small bowl. (It will be used to frost the top of the cake). Sweeten with confectioners’ sugar to taste. (I left mine unsweetened since the rest of the cake is so sweet) .Refrigerate until needed.
2. Add the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla to the remaining whipped cream. Fold in carefully. Divide cream mixture between two bowls.
3. To one bowl of the cream, add half of the crushed Oreos. Fold in carefully and spread over cooled brownie crust.
4. Combine remaining crushed Oreos with chocolate sauce and drop by teaspoonfuls over Oreo ice cream layer. (Next time I would skip this step as I don’t think it made much of a flavor difference).
5. To the remaining cream, add the crushed chocolate chip cookies and spread over chocolate Oreo crumbles.
6. Top cake with the reserved cup of whipped cream.
7. Cut small pieces of brownie from the 8 x 8-inch baked pan. (The remaining is for snacking on its own). Garnish the cake with the brownie pieces and crumbled Oreos and chocolate chip cookies.
8. Freeze cake until firm, at least 8 hours. Let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes before slicing.
1 cup butter, melted
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350℉. Line a 9-inch springform pan and an 8 x 8-inch pan with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine butter and sugar and whisk until combined. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla then
add the cocoa, flour, salt and baking powder. Stir just until combined.
3. Divide brownie batter between the prepared pans.
4. Bake for 24 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Set aside to cool completely.
Recipes slightly adapted from The Recipe Rebel
After digging into some delicious ice cream cake you probably are gonna want to shake up the dance floor and cut some calories. Enter The Scissors to the rescue. Their new song “Sjhake” is a messy, guitar heavy rocker that will surely get you moving.
Check out The Scissors on the band’s Website where you can learn of upcoming gigs in Cambridge, England and buy their music.