Q: Why do birds fly south for the winter?
A: Because it’s too far for them to walk.
If you love pizza then this recipe is right up your alley. All of the flavors of pizza are packed into this deep dish style pie.
Pizza Lover’s Pie
1/4 pound ground pork sausage
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 pound frozen bread dough, thawed and halved
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
8 ounces pizza sauce
8 slices pepperoni
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1. In a large skillet, cook the sausage, pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain and set aside.
2. Roll half of dough into a 12-inch circle. Transfer to a greased 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. (It might take a bit of stretching it before it finally covers the pie dish).
3. Layer with half of the mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and pizza sauce. Top with the sausage mixture, pepperoni and 1/8 teaspoon of the oregano.
4. Roll out remaining dough to fit top of pie. Place over filling and seal edges.
5. Layer with remaining pizza sauce, cheeses and oregano.
6. Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe slightly adapted from Simple & Delicious Magazine
‘Stargazer’ is the title track from Jesse Terry’s fourth album. Downright lovely, it exudes calm and hope in it’s soothing vocals and pretty strings.
Check out Jesse Terry on his Website where you can learn of upcoming tour dates in the UK and US and buy the music.