Hello friends! Oh, how I miss my time singing in the kitchen with you all. This summer has found me too often away from my computer (some say that is a good thing!) with the resulting scarcity of posts. Be assured that I have not been away from cooking, baking and listening to tons of music, so there will be lots of good things to share when I finally get back on a more regular schedule.
So what exactly have I been doing?
Adulting. (which my computer auto corrects to Adulating. No, not doing that a whole lot. Ha!)
Adulting is a silly term, but I feel like such a grown up these days. My 4 kids are all teenagers right now (Calgon comes to mind) and the demands are high. In two weeks my brood will be down by half with the two oldest off to college (one abroad in Moscow—so far *sniff*). There will be more time for posts which will undoubtedly cheer me up as I adjust to the quiet house that the school year brings. So that’s a good thing for us all!
Okay, on to today’s recipe which I have made twice this summer since it is so good!
Quesadillas For A Crowd is a perfect quick and easy meal or snack. I adore this oven method of cooking them. The tortillas get perfectly crisp with no effort at all. The mozzarella/provolone/jalapeño filling suggested here is awesome, but you can substitute any of your favorite fillings. I’ve made cheddar-pepperoni, ham and cheese, and cheddar-green chile….all delicious and fool proof every time.
Quesadillas For A Crowd
3 Tbs vegetable oil
8 oz shredded provolone
8 oz shredded mozzarella
1/4 cup chopped jarred jalapeño chiles
4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
Salsa and sour cream, to serve
1. Adjust oven rack to middle position. Preheat oven to 450℉. Brush rimmed baking sheet with oil.
2. Combine provolone, mozzarella, and jalapeños in bowl.
3. Fold tortillas in half. Arrange folded tortillas in single layer on prepared baking sheet with rounded edges facing center of sheet.
4. Bake until tortilla tops and edges begin to turn golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove sheet from oven. Flip tortillas over.
5. Using tongs, open each tortilla and fill with an equal amount cheese mixture, leaving a 1-inch border. Close tortillas and press sides firmly together.
6. Return quesadillas to oven and continue to bake until crisp around edges and golden brown on second side, 4 to 6 minutes longer.
7. Remove quesadillas from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Slice each quesadilla into wedges and serve with salsa and sour cream, if you like.
Serves 4 (doubles/triples/quadruples easily)
Recipe from Cook’s Country
“Follow”, new from Sweden’s Summer Heart, will enchant a crowd of quesadilla eating adults and children alike with its lovely lilt of electro-pop.
“I can follow you in style
If you see me every time I’m passing by”