Pecan Tassies are like bite-sized pecan pies. The tender, tangy cream cheese crust contrasts perfectly with the sweet, crunchy filling.
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
1 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup pecan halves
1. Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add flour to butter mixture, beating at low speed.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough then stamp out 24 (2.5 inch) rounds. (A fluted cutter makes for a pretty presentation.) Line greased mini muffin tins with the dough rounds. Chill for 1 hour.
3. Make the filling by whisking together brown sugar and next 4 ingredients.
4. Reserve 24 undamaged pecan halves and coarsely chop the rest.
5. Place some chopped nuts in each of the muffin pans. Spoon the filing over the nuts. Set a pecan half on top of each.
6. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until filling is set. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans. Serve at room temperature.
Recipe from The Great Big Cookie Book by Hilaire Walden
Put on your dancing shoes and get ready to Rock-abilly-out to this infectious new song from NJ-based band The Big Drops.
Check out The Big Drops on the band’s Website where you can learn of upcoming US tour dates and buy their music.