These shortbread-like Meyer Lemon Cookies are packed with bright, citrusy flavor. They are perfect with a cup of tea.
Meyer Lemon Cookies
1 Meyer lemon
1 cup sugar
1 cup chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1⁄2-inch cubes
2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1⁄2 tsp salt
1. Use a paring knife to cut the yellow zest from the lemon in strips.
2. In a food processor, combine the lemon zest and sugar and process for 1 minute. Add the butter and process until fluffy.
3. Add the flour, baking soda and salt to the food processor and process for 30 seconds.
4. Form the dough into a log and cover with plastic wrap. Chill the dough for 2 hours. (You could also wrap in foil and freeze for up to 1 month.)
5. Preheat oven to 350°F.
6. Cut the log into 1/4-inch slices and place on parchment lined baking sheets.
7. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
8. Transfer to wire racks and let the cookies cool completely.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies
Ominous, creepy, chilling.
That’s the vibe the new song ‘Dangerous’ by Son Lux gives off. Electronic whipping alongside dramatic vocals makes this one wild ride.