Q: What happens when you eat yeast and shoe polish?
A: Every morning you rise and shine.
Q: What do you call a shoe that looks like a banana?
A: A slipper.
This recipe is a shoe-in for a reuben lovers.
The classic sandwich gets transformed into a fun snack in these Reuben Waffle Potato Appetizers. The Fontina standing in for the usual Swiss cheese is a really nice touch.
Reuben Waffle Potato Appetizers
1 package (22 ounces) frozen waffle-cut fries
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 cups shredded fontina cheese, divided
1/3 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
3 tablespoons chopped sweet onion
1-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
12 ounces sliced deli corned beef, coarsely chopped
1 cup sauerkraut, rinsed, well drained and chopped
2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
1. Prepare waffle fries according to package directions for baking.
2. Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat cream cheese, 1 cup fontina cheese, salad dressing, onion and horseradish until blended.
3. Remove fries from oven and reduce oven temperature to 400°F.
4. Top each waffle fry with about 1/4 ounce corned beef and 1 teaspoon each cream cheese mixture, sauerkraut and fontina cheese.
5. Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with chives.
Makes about 4 dozen
Recipe from Simple & Delicious Magazine
Oh boy. Jealousy rears its head not in an ugly way, but in its most pretty, melodious way in ‘Shoes’. It’s new from Toronto, ON based VACAY aka Levi Randall.
“Wishin’ it were me there in his shoes
I’d look so good in his shoes”
Check out VACAY on Facebook. You can buy his music here.
Pingback: 20+ Leftover Corned Beef Recipes To Save Food In 2021