^^^ Love that.
And I love these brownies.
Caramel Graham Fudge Brownies. Wow!
I’ve made tons of brownies in my day. Just look at the ‘Brownie’ category on the right hand side of this page and you’ll see some of the dozens of recipes I have tried.
But these Caramel Graham Fudge Brownies are a total standout. The graham crackers in the crust give the brownies an irresistible flavor. And that ooey-gooey caramel gets crisp around the edges of the brownie….yum. And the uncrisped caramel holds mounds of peanut butter chips, chocolate chips and pecans. My pan was gone in a flash they were so good!
Caramel Graham Fudge Brownies
1 pkg (approximately 1-pound 3.5-oz) fudge brownie mix
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 (14-ounce) package caramels, unwrapped (Save yourself from unwrapping all those squares and get block caramel)
1/3 cup evaporated milk
3/4 cup peanut butter chips
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecan or walnuts (I used a mixture of both)
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup oil
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. In medium bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups of the brownie mix, graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Mix well. Press mixture in bottom of ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
3. In medium saucepan, combine caramels and evaporated milk. Cook over medium heat until caramels are melted, stirring constantly.
4. Carefully spread melted caramel mixture over crust. Sprinkle with peanut butter chips, chocolate chips and 3/4 cup of the chopped pecans, reserving remaining 1/4 cup pecans for topping.
5. In same medium bowl, combine remaining brownie mix, water, oil and egg. Beat by hand until just combined.
6. Carefully spoon brownie batter evenly over the pecan-chip layer in the baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup pecans.
7. Bake for 35 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely. Cut into bars.
Makes 24 bars
Recipe from Cooks.com
If anyone needs a big pan of brownies, it is the guy in this song.
‘Misty’ is new from Ohio-based duo Caamp. Despair at its finest…with a banjo.
“I sit alone in an empty house
Writing notes while im thinking bout
The few folks, I didn’t let down”
Check out Caamp on the band’s Website where you can learn of upcoming US tour dates and buy their music.