Rich chocolate cake. Creamy peanut butter icing.
Put them together and you have these dreamy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes. Decadent and delicious.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
2 1/4 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup canola oil
2 teaspoons white vinegar
2 cups cold water
6 peanut butter cups, quartered
1. Preheat oven to 350℉. Line two cupcake pans with 24 paper liners and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, sift the first 5 ingredients together. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the vanilla extract, oil, vinegar and water.
4. Slowly whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Do not over mix. The mixture will be very thin.
5. Fill liners until two thirds full. Bake for 20-24 minutes or until a tester inserted into the cupcake center comes out clean.
6. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
7. Pipe icing onto cooled cupcakes. Top with a peanut butter cup quarter.
Makes 24 cupcakes
Peanut Butter Icing
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3 to 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 tablespoon milk
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer fit with a paddle attachment, beat butter and peanut butter until creamy.
2. Add three cups of confectioners’ sugar and beat on low speed for 1 minute. Add milk and beat on medium high for 1 minute. Add more confectioners’ sugar to reach your desired consistency.
Makes enough icing to frost 24 cupcakes
Recipes slightly adapted from Joy The Baker
Let’s rock into another new week with a song from the new ‘XOXO’ EP by San Diego’s Soft Lions.
The upbeat jangle of “Freeway” belies the sadness at its core which is about losing a friend.
“If your heart still hurts
write her a letter
tear it into pieces
and take it to the freeway at dawn”