I don’t shop at Trader Joes because there are none in my area. (I did once write about the popular shop here.) Evidently, along with many other fan favorites made by the chain, Trader Joes’s Cowboy Bark is a true addictive pleasure.
Chocolate, Oreos, pretzels, nuts, toffee…I am all in.
Whip up this salty-sweet confection in less than 5 minutes. You’ll make lots of cowboys very happy.
1 pound semisweet chocolate
8 chocolate sandwich cookie such as Oreos, roughly chopped
1/2 cup mini pretzels, roughly chopped
1/2 cup chopped toffee bar candy
1/4 cup pecan halves
1/2 tsp sea salt
1. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Melt the chocolate then pour onto the prepared baking sheet spreading it evenly into a 13 x 9-inch rectangle.
3. Sprinkle toppings across the chocolate pressing down lightly to make sure they stick to the chocolate.
4. Place cookie sheet in refrigerator for 1 hour or until chocolate has hardened. (Mine set just fine on my not so warm kitchen counter).
5. Break up chocolate into large pieces. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Recipe slightly adapted from Real Housemoms
Here’s a short song. Not so sweet though, to be losing someone.
“You don’t know what you’ve got
‘Til it’s gone”
And a sweet song. Couldn’t find an audio link to this really pretty song, so the Youtube lyric will have to do.
“What a beautiful smile
Can it stay for awhile?”
Check out T-Shirt Weather on Facebook. You can buy their music on Bandcamp.
Learn more about The Afters on the band’s Website where you can learn of upcoming US tour dates and buy their music.