The classic Nabisco “Famous Chocolate Refrigerator Roll” is changed up in this chocolate frosted version that’s given a festive topping of rainbow nonpareils. Looks so fun and is one of the easiest cakes out there.
Chocolate Wafer Icebox Cake
2 3⁄4 cups heavy cream, chilled
1⁄2 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
36 Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafer Cookies
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tablespoons rainbow nonpareils
1. Whip 1 1/2 cups of the cream, 1/4 cup of the confectioners’ sugar and the vanilla together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
2. Stack 6 cookies on top of each other, spreading about 1 tablespoon whipped cream mixture on top of each wafer, and topping the final wafer in the stack with some whipped cream. Repeat until you have 6 stacks of 6 wafers.
3. Lay the cookie stacks on their sides, next to each other, on a rimmed baking sheet or large cutting board to make a 14-inch log. Wrap the log in plastic wrap and freeze till firm, at least 6 hours and up to one week.
4. When ready to continue, combine the remaining 1 1/4 cups heavy cream, the remaining 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar, and the cocoa powder in a medium bowl and whip with mixer until it holds stiff peaks.
5. Spread the cocoa whipped cream evenly over the log. Sprinkle with the nonpareils.
6. Carefully transfer the cake to a long serving platter using a wide spatula.
7. Let stand at room temperature for 15 before slicing.
Recipe from Food.com
Time for a short song.
And a sweet song.
“I’d go anywhere if it’s with you
Yeah, everything you do it drives me crazy
When you look at me I feel amazing
You don’t even know what you’re doing to me”
Check out Rainbow Reservoir on the band’s Website where you can link to buy their music.