Q: Why did the jeweler name his pit bull Rolex?
A: It was a watchdog.
Lots of Tex-Mex flavors spice up these fabulous chicken burgers. A liberal dollop of guacamole along with some more toppings make them extra special.
Cheddar Jalapeño Chicken Burgers With Guacamole
1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 teaspoons chopped jalapeño
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
4 burger buns, toasted
1 cup guacamole
Toppings: sour cream, lettuce, sliced red onions, salsa
1. Prepare an indoor or outdoor grill over medium heat.
2. In a medium bowl combine ground chicken, onion, cilantro, garlic, jalapeño, cumin, paprika, cheddar cheese, salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
3. Form the mixture into four 1/2″-thick patties.
4. Grill burgers until cooked through, 5-7 minutes per side.
5. Serve each patty in a burger bun topped with guacamole and any additional toppings that you like.
Recipe from What’s Gaby Cooking?
Being based in Austin, Texas I am sure that Bonnie Whitmore and Her Band are no strangers to Tex-Mex. So grab a burger, a beer and a listen to ‘She’s A Hurricane’ from their new album due out next month.