Q: How can a room full of people be empty?
A: If everyone in the room is married, there isn’t a single person in it.
Here is a fantastic chocolate chip recipe from the equally fabulous Joy The Baker. Pistachios and a sprinkling of smoked sea salt make them extra special.
Dark Chocolate, Pistachio & Smoked Sea Salt Cookies
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips (I used semisweet chocolate chunks)
1 cup shelled pistachios, coarsely chopped
Smoked salt for topping
1. Preheat oven to 300℉. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter and sugars together until pale and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add the egg and beat for another minute. Add vanilla extract and beat to incorporate.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the mixture all at once to the butter mixture. Beat on low speed just until incorporated then mix in the chocolate chips and nuts.
4. Scoop cookie dough into 2 tablespoonful mounds and space 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle with smoked sea salt.
5. Bake cookies for 18 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 2 dozen
Recipe from Joy The Baker
Musician Chip Kinman’s new band, Ford Madox Ford aka FDMDXFD, is rocking out in their bluesy tune “Expect It”. I love the little homage to the 70’s Melanie tune.
Check out Ford Madox Ford on the band’s Website where you can learn of upcoming shows in Canada and California and also buy their music.