So Elvis (the American icon not the German Reverend) apparently had a great love for peanut butter, bananas, and bacon sandwiches. Those ingredients, plus pretzels and chocolate chips, are served up here in cookie form. They pack a huge flavor punch.
Be sure not to skip chilling the dough before baking since the cookies are quite soft after baking even with this step. My last batch I put in the freezer and increased baking time by 5 minutes and those came out the best.
3 cups sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
2 tablespoons molasses
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons kosher salt
3 very ripe bananas
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
5 ounces pretzels, smashed (about 3/4 cup)
10 bacon strips, cooked crisp and chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350℉. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix sugar, butter, peanut butter, molasses, vanilla, baking powder and salt until well combined. Add the bananas and mix until smooth.
3. Add the flour and gently mix until smooth.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips, pretzel pieces and bacon.
5. Using two spoons, form balls about the size of a large walnut and place on the prepared baking sheets at least 2 inches apart. Place the sheets in the fridge (or freezer) to chill for 10 minutes.
6. Bake for 15 minutes (longer if chilled in the freezer) or until golden on the outside and gooey in the middle. Let cool on a wire rack.
Makes about 50 cookies
Recipe from Food Network
This song flat out makes me laugh. Oh, those lyrics. Somehow it works a charm.