Mmmmm. Sticky Toffee Pudding.
It’s one of my favorite desserts and this version is absolutely fabulous. Store-bought caramel simplifies an already super easy recipe. Warm with sweet, treacly flavors, STP is always a hit.
Sticky Toffee Pudding With Caramel Sauce
200g stoned dates, thinly sliced
½ tsp baking soda
75g unsalted butter, softened, plus extra to grease
175g (~3/4 cup) light brown sugar
2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp ground mixed spice
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 large eggs
225g (1 3/4 cups) self-raising flour
380ml jar caramel sauce
1. Preheat oven to 170°C/335℉.
2. Put the dates in a bowl with the baking soda and 200ml boiled water. Stir and set aside.
3. Cream the butter, sugar and spices together in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time, mixing well between additions. (The mixture may curdle, but it will come back together after the flour is added).
4. Add the flour and beat well. Pour in the dates along with their liquid and mix to make a runny batter.
5.Pour into a buttered 1.6 liter (or 8 x 8 inch square) ovenproof dish and bake for 50-60 minutes until the top is golden and firm to the touch, and a tester comes out clean.
6. Once the pudding is out of the oven, warm the caramel sauce until runny. Poke holes all over the pudding with a skewer, then pour over some of the hot caramel, allowing it to seep into the pudding. Leave to stand for 15 minutes, then cut into squares. Serve pudding with the rest of the warmed caramel sauce drizzled over.
Recipe from Delicious Magazine
Per Jeremy Burke of the band Moniker, their new “album sounds like a combination of Orange Juice, ‘Orange Julius’, Julius Caesar, Julian Casablancas, and Gregorian Chants”.
Sounds just like something I would like…and I do. A lot.
“I will sing my heart out til it’s on my sleeve
I was born disco, but…”
Check out Moniker on the band’s Website where you can buy their music.
to die for! great job, this looks too heavenly!
I’ve never made this but always wanted to try! Thanks for the recipe!
Oooh…definitely give it a try. It’s so delicious.
Pingback: Sticky Toffee Pudding With Caramel Sauce. New Music From Moniker. | homethoughtsfromabroad626
I LOVE sticky toffee pudding!
It looks soooo good, well done!
Pingback: Healthy Makeover Sticky Toffee Pudding. Listening To Queue. | I Sing In The Kitchen