Q: How does the man in the moon cut his hair?
A: Eclipse it.
These cute Mini Mac & Cheese Bites are as welcome at a kiddie party as they are at an adult gathering. Ultra cheesy and packed with flavor, they are the perfect finger food.
Mini Mac & Cheese Bites
2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-3/4 cups 2% milk
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix (such as Bisquik)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Cook macaroni according to package directions then drain.
3. Meanwhile, sprinkle 1/4 cup bread crumbs into 36 greased mini-muffin cups.
4. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour and seasonings until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes until thickened. Stir in 1 cup cheddar cheese and all of the Swiss cheese. Cook until melted.
5. Remove cheese sauce from heat. Stir in biscuit mix, eggs and 1/2 cup bread crumbs. Add macaroni and toss to coat.
6. Spoon about 2 tablespoons macaroni mixture into prepared mini-muffin cups. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese and bread crumbs.
7. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pans 5 minutes before serving.
Makes 3 dozen
Recipe from Simple & Delicious Magazine
Alabama-based band Future Elevators has a self-titled release due out next month. It’s packed with an eclectic mix of songs all bound together by tight arrangements and spot-on lyrics. Michael Shackelford’s voice gives me chills with his at once retro and totally spacey delivery.
Check out Future Elevators on the band’s Website where you can pre-order their debut album.