This made me smile.
Okay, let’s put aside cubs and spitting cobras and talk some soup.
Today’s Spiced Carrot Soup With Coconut Cream is a lovely balance of sweet and savory. The ginger gives it a bright bite, there’s a hint of heat from chili pepper and the sweet, creamy coconut swirl pulls all of the flavors together.
Spiced Carrot Soup With Coconut Cream
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 small red chili, seeds removed, chopped
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
500g carrots, peeled, chopped
1 medium sweet potato, peeled, chopped
2 kaffir lime leaves (I couldn’t find these so left them out)
4 cups chicken stock
Juice of 1 lime
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
200ml coconut cream
150ml heavy cream
Toasted coconut, to serve
1. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 2-3 minutes or until softened.
2. Add garlic, chili, ginger, carrot, sweet potato, lime leaves and stock. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Allow soup to cool slightly, then purée in a blender. Season to taste.
4. Return soup to pan with lime juice, sugar and fish sauce and gently reheat.
5. Whip creams with an electric mixer until thick.
6. Pour soup into serving bowls. Top with coconut cream and a sprinkle of toasted coconut. I also snipped a bit of rosemary on top.
Recipe from Delicious Magazine
‘Vampires’, from Kingston, NY-based duo The Autumn Stone, is a meandering, low-fi affair. It’s good, fuzzy fun.
“May all your dreams come true”
And the Blair Witchesque video for the song.
Check out The Autumn Stone on the band’s Website. You can buy their music on Bandcamp.
I can smell this delicious soup right through the screen! LOL Looks yummy :)
It’s really good! I love it cold, too.
This delicious. love my soups. Thanks for sharing this.